Creating memorable golf experiences, hosting special events, and setting the standard for golf excellence in southern Idaho has long been the Clear Lake Country Club tradition.
The picture at the top of this page shows Jack Tingey pointing out the old layout and the new layout sometime in 1943. Jack was on the board of directors at the time and he oned the fish hatchery where the Clear Springs Trout Farm now has their research facility. He would often use his crew to do work on the course, much to his wife's displeasure. Ted Eastman worked for Jack during this time. The grass greens were ready to play by July 1944.
As a sidelight, Ted Eastman says the present 18th tee box was much larger then. Large enough that the three gang mower could be driven completely around the tee box before the river started eroding it. They obtained the steel pilings for the retention wall after World War II when Idaho Power was building the new power plants in Hagerman. Idaho Power did the work in January 1957. Earl Bent and Fred Harting introduced the squirrels from Boise in February 1957.
The third layout was the same as the second one but they changed the way it was played in 1954.
The fourth layout came in 1970, when they added a new 5, 6 & 7 holes. The 5th was set up as a par three at first and the tee box was about where the new putting green is east of the practice sand trap. It played as a par three at about 220 yards uphill for about 3 years from 1970 until the present #10 tee box was built about 1973. The 7th green is the same one we now play as number 16. The fifth layout lasted until the new 9 holes were put in play on July 24, 1988.
When the new course was originally laid out it was played for about a month and one half as a riverside and a lakeside with the 18th green being where number 9 now is. After much discussion it was decided that 18 should be where it was visible from the clubhouse. This would make it much better for tournaments, etc. The markers now on 1 and 10 still say riverside and lakeside, but are not as descriptive as they were originally intended.
About Clear Lake Country Club
The best golf in Idaho! Clear Lake Country Club also features year-round fly fishing, a PGA pro-staffed golf shop, practice range, chipping and putting green, golf cart and club rentals. Our restaurant and lounge includes a daily lunch special, patio dining and shaded picnic area. RV hookups available.
Hours Of Operation
SUMMER HOURS - The golf shop is open from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM. The golf shop reserves tee-times for members 14 Days in advance and 5 Days in advance for guests. Call the Golf shop at (208) 543-4849 for reservations.
WINTER HOURS - The clubhouse is open daily at 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (Bar-5;00 pm). Please call in advance, Club may be closed due to weather.
Copyright 2023 Clear Lake Country Club. Design & Marketing by Refresh Marketing.